Posted in Going Wild, Timesaving Tips, tagged book, christmas, clocktower, festive dining, forager, miles irving, Rudding Park, smoker, taste the wild, vouchers, wooden trug on 20/12/2010 |
Leave a Comment »
With less than a week to go Wild Cooks, here’s a few last minute great ideas for your foraging friends!
1. Lunch for two at Clocktower Restaurant, Rudding Park. Why not buy one of their vouchers or gift experiences, and then head off around the grounds at Rudding Park and spot some of my foraged food.
Festive lunches from £19.50 per person.
2. Take a trip to Taste the Wild and learn how to forage for yourself with the amazing Chris Bax and his lovely wife Rose. Head off with a group into the Yorkshire woods and find amazing foraged food, then enjoy sampling all your hard work!
Taste the Wild Course Schedule.
1 day foraging course for only £60 (including lunch).
3. “Forager”- the book by author and foraging guru Miles Irving.
On sale now at Amazon for just £16.95.
4. A Wooden Trug. A great starter piece of kit for a forager!
Pick one up at “The Gardening Website” for just £8.95 including postage and packing. You must be quick though in order to get your delivery in time for Christmas!
5. Your own desk top smoker! Ideal for smoking fish , game, duck, etc.
Available now on Amazon for just £63.00. This includes the smoker, lid, tray and recipe book.
Happy shopping Wild Cooks and a very Merry Christmas!
Read Full Post »
Posted in Going Wild, Yorkshire Treasures, tagged book, elaine, gravy, launch, lemm, photos, pudding, recipe, yorkshire pudding on 30/11/2010 |
2 Comments »
Dear Wild Cooks
I have been foraging like never before, more recently for a job that I have lined up for next year! Unfortunately I am not allowed to tell you about it yet but I can safely say you will be the first to know when the embargo is lifted!
So it was time to give my hands a rest from all the Rosehip and Sloe picking and time for some glamour! What better than to be invited to a book launch, and not just any old book launch, but for the “The Great Yorkshire Pudding Book” with author Elaine Lemm.
- Steph with The Great Yorkshire Pudding Book by Elaine Lemm
I am proud to say that one of my recipes features in this book. However this does mean that there’s no recipe on this blog folks, you will have to buy the book! We used my recipe to make the Yorkies for the book launch, and the book itself has loads of other great recipes, interesting facts and top tips to put the lift into your Yorkshires.
So all you Aunt Bessie’s converts, why not give The Great Yorkshire Pudding Book a try? It is available to buy in many book retailers and supermarkets including Waterstones and Asda. The book is selling like hot Yorkshires!
- Author Elaine Lemm with Dickie Bird and Rosemary Shrager
The photo of Clocktower features in the book (see below) and shows the Chefs working away in the kitchen. There are plenty of super photos in the book taken by Elaine’s husband Ron, a talented photographer. I think it takes a lot of skill to photograph a droplet of gravy mid air! We are delighted at Rudding Park that our Clocktower Restaurant gets a mention in this fantastic read.
Steph in Clocktower Kitchen with the Boys!
- Steph Moon catered for the event with help from Leeds City College Students – they are now all experts in making the perfect Yorkshire Pudding!
All rise for the pudding!
Read Full Post »